Sunday, January 11, the Woodstock Jr. Wasps Squirt team made us proud as they competed in a local youth hockey shootout competition between periods at the Dartmouth vs. Vermont game. Their success has allowed them to advance to the next round! The winning team from each bracket will receive a pizza party at Ramunto’s Brick and Brew in Hanover for their team at the end of the Dartmouth hockey season.
Woodstock went up against Hanover and only 1 goal was scored in all 6 shots. Fantastic goal tending by Ben Plottner, amazing efforts by Will Coates and Sophia Yates and a "Nice Goal!" to Henry Trimpi!
Woodstock Youth Hockey hosted PVA, Northshire Brattleboro & Upper Valley in a fantastic 5-hour PeeWee Jamboree Saturday 12/6. Thanks to everyone for making the trip and spending the day at the rink. A big thanks to VSAHA for sponsoring the event.
This upcoming weekend we're hosting the biggest tournament in WYH history! It's our last chance to raise some money for our fantastic organization before we hang up the skates, sticks, whistles and clipboards for the season.
**WE NEED YOUR HELP**
Top Ten Reasons To Volunteer for The Pot o' Gold Invitational this weekend!
10. It is a good time for your son/daughter to see how committed you are to their favorite sport
9. Once you do it, you will not feel as bad about deleting my future emails requesting help
8. The more volunteers we have means the less money we have to pay non-WYH people to perform these roles for the weekend, which means more money goes to WYH, which means our skating fees remain low, which means you do not have to spend more, which means......you get the picture
7. Running the scoreboard is easy, there are detailed instructions included
6. Free food... nothing better than rink hot cocoa & hot pretzels*
5. You do not have to listen to the parents from the other teams in the stands
4. The refs will hear you loud and clear if you think it was a bad call - they have to report all of their calls directly to YOU
3. You get to fulfill that dream you have always had of being a DJ in front of a big crowd. Cotton Eyed Joe is only played if you want it to be!
2. Much like a DVR, you have the ability to stop the game if you have to use the restroom or want to get a snack. A hockey game cannot go on without a timekeeper.**
1. The tournament committee will stop sending these emails to everyone if we can get these games covered***
* If you volunteer for 2 or more games
** Just a joke. You shouldn't leave the scorer's box during the game.
*** Until next season, or if we need something else between now and October