One of the premier tournaments in New England for girls hockey is now accepting teams. The 2014 Veterans Day Girls Classic returns in November with an expanded field and a new division with a 10U 'A' bracket added. With the addition of a second weekend for the A/AA divisions, this tournament will be increasing from 23 to as many as 40 teams.
12U & 14U Tier II/B -- November 7-9
10U 'A' and 12U & 14U AA/Tier I and top Tier II November 14-16 CLICK HERE to go to the Tournament Page (www.UAHockey.org) and to download the Registration form.
Registration is now OPEN for the 21st Annual Thanksgiving Hockey Classic at Hanover, NH.
November 28-30 Squirts --- Pee Wees --- Bantams Click HERE for more info! Games held in Woodstock at Union Arena too!
Great game times with a Four game minimum plus the Skills Challenge! Register today before it sells out (again!)
This upcoming weekend we're hosting the biggest tournament in WYH history! It's our last chance to raise some money for our fantastic organization before we hang up the skates, sticks, whistles and clipboards for the season.
**WE NEED YOUR HELP**
Top Ten Reasons To Volunteer for The Pot o' Gold Invitational this weekend!
10. It is a good time for your son/daughter to see how committed you are to their favorite sport
9. Once you do it, you will not feel as bad about deleting my future emails requesting help
8. The more volunteers we have means the less money we have to pay non-WYH people to perform these roles for the weekend, which means more money goes to WYH, which means our skating fees remain low, which means you do not have to spend more, which means......you get the picture
7. Running the scoreboard is easy, there are detailed instructions included
6. Free food... nothing better than rink hot cocoa & hot pretzels*
5. You do not have to listen to the parents from the other teams in the stands
4. The refs will hear you loud and clear if you think it was a bad call - they have to report all of their calls directly to YOU
3. You get to fulfill that dream you have always had of being a DJ in front of a big crowd. Cotton Eyed Joe is only played if you want it to be!
2. Much like a DVR, you have the ability to stop the game if you have to use the restroom or want to get a snack. A hockey game cannot go on without a timekeeper.**
1. The tournament committee will stop sending these emails to everyone if we can get these games covered***
* If you volunteer for 2 or more games
** Just a joke. You shouldn't leave the scorer's box during the game.
*** Until next season, or if we need something else between now and October